Pursuant to the Decision No.890/QD-BTTTT dated June, 13, 2008 of The Minister of Information and Communications, E-Government Center has the following functions, tasks and responsibility:
Position and functions:
E-Government Center is a subordinate unit of the Authority of Information Technology Application,has functions of assisting the Director General to organize and manage information technology (IT) application activities in the operation of state agencies; Support for ministries, central agencies and provinces in implementing e-Government development activities.
English trading name: E-Government Center
English abbreviation: EGOVC
E-Government Center is a revenue-generating unit under the Authority of Information Technology Application. It has the legal entity status, its own seal and account as providedfor by law, and locates its head office in Hanoi city.
Tasks and responsibility
1. To assume the prime responsibility for building and managing a database of IT projects with the purpose of devloping e-government; to participate in the development of regulations on updating, management and exploitation of databases on IT projects; Providing information and consultancy services in investment activities on IT application and IT services to organizations and individuals in need;
2. To assume the prime responsibility for building, managing and operating IT testing laboratories for IT solutions through activities of evaluating and inspecting the quality of IT products and services.
3. Toensure the operation of the testing systems; Providing testing services for IT solutions; quality certification for IT solutions;
4. To participate in the implementation of programs and plans on IT application in the operation of state agencies as assigned by the Director General;
5. To participate in the preparation and reporting to the Director Generalregularly on announcing standards for IT application with the orientation of building e-government;
6. To provide consultancy services, assessment of IT application projects and other IT consultancy services as assigned by the Director General;
7. To provide transfer services of technical and technological solutions, transfer of IT application process for agencies, organizations and individuals in need;
8. To participate in research activities ofIT application and development, applying science and technology and international cooperation related to the field of the operation of the Center;
9. To provide training services, capacity building, skills in IT application and development for individuals and organizations throughdirect, distance or online training;
10. Tomaintain, ensure the IT application infrastructure and the portal of the Authority operating stably; To upgrade regularly and update them in accordance with the development of IT;
11. To take the initiative in developing activities related to the functions and tasks of the Center; To generate and mobilize other financial sources to expand the scope and scale of the operation in line with the functions and duties in accordance with the provisions of law;
12. To manage civil servants, employees and laborers, records and documents of the Center according to the law and decentralization of the Director General.
13. To perform other tasks assigned by the Director General.
1. Acting Director of Center: Ms. Mai Thuy Ngan
2. Deputy Director of Center: Mr. Do Lap Hien
Mai Thanh Hải