Pursuant to the Decision No. 966 / QD-BTTTT of June 20, 2017 of the Minister of Information and Communications, the Authority of Information Technology Application has the following functions, tasks and powers:
Article 1. Position and function
The Authority of Information Technology Application is an institution of the Ministry of Information and Communication, functioning to advise and assist the Minister of Information and Communications in performing the state management and to perform the specialized state management of information technology application and e-Government.
The Authority of Information Technology Application has the legal entity status, its own seal and account as provided for by law, and locates its head office in Hanoi city.
Article 2. Tasks and responsibility
The Authority of Information Technology (IT) Application has the following tasks and responsibility:
1. To research, propose and implement the responsibility for elaborating and submitting to the Minister of Information and Communications for promulgation according to his/her competence of for subsequent submission to competent authorities for promulgation legal documents on IT application and e-Government development.
2. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies in, elaborating and submitting to the Minister for promulgation or to the competent level for approval strategies, planning, plans for long-term, medium-term and annual development, national programs, action programs and projects, decisions, directives on IT application and e-government development; Organize the implementation after being approved by the Minister.
3. To guide, organize and inspect the implementation of legal documents, policies, strategies, planning, programs, plans, schemes, projects, mechanisms and regulations on IT application; Regulations on investment management and evaluation of the efficiency of IT application investment using national budget.
4. To perform the task of state management of e-government; to build, maintain, update and organize the implementation of the Vietnam e-Government Architecture Framework; To guide and appraise schemes and projects on IT application, projects and schemes on building e-government according to their competence, ministerial level e-Government Architecture, provincial level e-Government Architecture; To guide the building of IT application models at all levels, website/portal of state agencies.
5. To build information systems for connecting, facilitating the convenient access to national databases; To guide, inspect and evaluate the complying of law related to national databases.
6. To elaborate and submit to the Minister for promulgation or submission to competent authorities for promulgation and implementation of regulations on interconnection, integration and sharing information, data among ministries, sectors and provinces; submitting to the Minister according to his/her competence or submitting to the Prime Minister for publishing the list of shared information and data; To promote the exploitation, use and sharing digital information among state agencies.
7. To advise the Minister on state management of the national program on IT application for operation of state agencies; To assume the prime responsibility for implementing contents of IT application in the operation ofstate agencies under the state administrative reform master plan. To guide the computerization of processes in the operation of state agencies and the provision of public online services.
8. To appraise the five-year programs and plans on IT application and technical planning of IT application projects under the appraisal competence of the Ministry of Information and Communication; To examine the objectives, technical contents and technical standards of projects and tasks in the annual budget estimates for IT application of the ministries, the ministerial-level agencies, provinces and other central state agencies as assigned by the Minister.
9. To promote the enhancement of using electronic mail and electronic documents, the application of open-source software in the operation of state agencies, e-transactions in the operation between state agencies and citizens, organizations, enterprises; To guide, inspect and evaluate the complying of regulations on connection, interoperability between document management software to serve e-documents exchange among state agencies.
10. To support enterprises and communities in IT application:
a. To assume the prime responsibility for, or coordinate with, proposing programs and activities for the development of IT application in enterprises and communities;
b.To carry out research and recommendations on solutions, information systems, software, open-source software, and databases that are widely used in enterprises and communities.
11. To assume the prime responsibility for, and coordinate with relevant agencies in, performing the state management of e-transactions as assigned by the Minister.
12. On the quality management of IT application activities:
a. To establish, manage and operate the information system testing laboratory;
b. To examine, evaluate; measure the quality of information systems as assigned; To participate in proposing and elaborating standards of the quality of productand service, economic and technical norms and conditions for IT application implementation.
c.To testsoftware products that will be used for the operation of state agencies, enterprises and communities according to regulations;To publish regularly solutions, software products and IT services that have been verified and used by state agencies.
13. To grant, extend, amend, supplement, suspend and withdraw certificates of IT application according to regulations.
14. To establish, manage and operateIT application infrastructure,e-Government architecture frameworks; the list of information systemcommon use in state agencies; and information systems, databaseassigned by the Government and the Prime Minister.
15. To advise the Minister on guiding, coordinating, monitoring and inspecting activities of establishment national information systems; To guide and promote the comprehensive implementation of information systems at ministries, sectors and provinces.
16. To coordinate for guiding provinces in term of applying IT to develop and provide smart city services.
17. To guide, carry out evaluation, and rank the level of IT application in the operation of state agencies; To guide, evaluate, and implement solutions to increase the level of use and satisfaction of citizen and enterprises for public online services.
18. To carry out statistical activities, collect data, analyze and forecast on IT application; To compile general and statistical reports on IT application and e-government according to regulations.
19. To organize training, professional guidance and information, dissemination and popularization of law education, training and raising the awareness, knowledge on IT application.
20. To establish, manage and maintain portals, websites and national databases on IT application projects and databases assigned by the Minister.
21. To participate in scientific and technological research, international cooperation for IT application and e - government according to the provisions of law and the delegation of the Minister.
22. To perform the function of the standing body implementing projects, schemes, programs and plans on information technology application as assigned by the Minister.
23. To manage the organizational structure, civil servants, employees and laborers, assets, dossiers and documents of the Authority according to the provisions of law and the Minister's decentralization.
24. To take the initiative in developing activities related to IT application in order to make more revenue to expand the scope and scale of operation in conformity with the Authority functions; preserve and develop the assigned resources.
25. Perform other tasks assigned by the Minister.
Article 3. Organizational structure
The Authority of Information Technology Application has a Director General and Deputy Directors General.
The Director Generalhas responsibilities to the Minister and the law for the performance of function, tasks and responsibility assigned.
The Deputy Directors General assist the Director General in directing, have responsibilities to the Director General and law for the assigned tasks.
2. Organizational structure:
- Authority Office
- Division of Planning
- Division of Investment and Finance
- Division of Information Infrastructure
- Division of Information System
- Division of Information and International Cooperation
- Division of Application in Business
- Division of Application in Community.
b) Member units:
- E-Government Center
- Advising and Supporting Center for Evaluating the Effectiveness of IT Investment
- 112 Project's Outcomes Management Unit
Functions, tasks, responsibility and organizational structure of themember units are determined by the Minister according to the Director General proposal.
Functions, tasks and responsibility of divisions and working relationships between divisions and member units are determined by the Director General.
3. The payroll of civil servants and the number of employees and laborers of the Authority shall be determined by the Minister according to the Director General proposal.