The Authority of Information Technology Application is a unit under the Ministry of Information and Communications which performs the advisory function for the Minister to manage the State and implement the law on IT application, e-Government development, leasing, purchasing of IT services, application software development, and digital transformation.
The Authority of Information Technology Application shall have its legal status, seal and transaction accounts in accordance with the law, and have its headquarter located in Hanoi.
1. To study, propose, and implement the task of formulating and submitting to the Minister for promulgation, or for subsequent submission to competent authorities for promulgation, of legal documents on IT application, e-Government development, leasing, purchasing of IT services, application software development, and digital transformation.
2. To lead, coordinate, develop, and submit to the Minister for approval, or for subsequent submission to competent authorities for approval, of strategies, planning, plans for long-term, medium-term and annual development, target programs, national programs, action programs, schemes, projects, decisions and directives on IT application, e-Government development, leasing, purchasing of IT services, application software development, and digital transformation; to organize the implementation after being approved as assigned by the Minister.
3. To guide, organize, and inspect the implementation of legal documents, policies, strategies, planning, programs, plans, schemes, projects, mechanisms and regulations on IT application, e-Government development, leasing, purchasing of IT services, application software development, digital transformation, regulations on investment management, evaluation of the efficiency of investments on IT application using the state capital; to develop valuation methods for software that are used for managing IT application projects.
4. Regarding the application of information technology in state agencies and developing e-Government:
a) To perform the task of state management concerning e-Government; to build, maintain, update, and organize the implementation of Vietnam e-Government Architecture Framework; to guide the development and assessment of schemes and projects on IT application, schemes and projects on e-Government development according to its competence, ministerial level e-Government Architecture, provincial level e-Authority Architecture. To guide the building of IT application models at all levels and portal/website of state agencies;
b) To develop the focal connection information system, facilitate convenient access to national databases; to guide, inspect, and evaluate the compliance with legal provisions related to national databases;
c) To develop, submit to the Minister or competent authorities for promulgation, and organize the implementation of regulations on interconnection, integration, sharing of information and data among ministries, sectors and localities; to submit to the Minister for proclamation within competence or to submit to the Prime Minister for publication of shared information and data lists. To guide the data management model, promote the exploitation, use and sharing of information and digital data among state agencies;
d) To advise the Minister on managing the national program on IT application in state agencies' operations, to assume the prime responsibility for deploying the section of IT application in state agencies' operations under the General program and plan for administrative reform. To guide the implementation of IT application in professional processes during state agencies' operations, to apply information technology in providing public administrative services; to guide the deployment of online public services;
dd) To assess the five-year programs and plans on IT application, the basic designs of IT application project within the competence of the Ministry of Information and Communications; to examine the objectives, professional contents, projects' technical standards, and tasks in annual budget estimation for IT application of ministries, ministerial-level agencies, government agencies, People's Committees of provinces, municipalities and other state agencies at the Central level as assigned by the Minister;
e) To urge and promote the use of e-mail and electronic documents, apply the open-source software in the operations of state agencies, electronic transactions in the operations of state agencies with citizens, organizations and enterprises; to guide, inspect, evaluate the compliance with legal provisions on connection and interconnection of document management software, and to operate the exchange of electronic documents among state agencies;
g) To organize the development, management and operations of IT application infrastructure and that of Vietnam e-Government Architecture Framework; information systems that manage the shared electronic lists of state agencies for the purpose of developing Vietnam e-Government, and shared information and data systems as assigned by the Government and the Prime Minister.
h) To guide, coordinate, supervise, and inspect the development of information systems on a national scale; to guide and urge the synchronous implementation of information systems in ministries, sectors and localities; to technically instruct on the methods and procedures of preserving information and information management systems; to instruct on technical methods to apply information technology in providing information; to organize the digitization and the use of IT techniques in managing electronic documents and information;
5. Regarding digital transformation:
a) To determine the vision, objectives, missions and solutions for national digital transformation including measures to promote the implementation of the digital transformation process and petitions to innovate the operations process, adapting it to new technologies; to build and give instruction on framework of reference for digital transformation;
b) To study and propose the removal of legal barriers to digital transformation;
c) To propose policies and solutions to promote the development and application of cloud computing technology, open data, digital technologies and digital services in Vietnam;
d) To propose policies on digital assets, on the rights of organizations and individuals to approach digital data of the Government;
dd) To lead and coordinate in making proposals on policies, programs and activities in order to develop the digital society and digital transformation of enterprises; incentive policies supporting initiatives, schemes and projects on digital transformation;
e) To study, survey, evaluate, forecast trends and new technologies promoting digital transformation, and propose their implementation in Vietnam; to recommend solutions, information systems, software, open-source software, databases, digital platforms, digital technologies and digital services to be used widely in enterprises and communities.
6. Regarding the development of smart cities:
a) To build and apply the Framework of reference for information and communication technologies (ICT) in developing smart cities in Vietnam;
b) To formulate general regulations on the decentralization of urban databases management, regulations on public data sharing, cloud computing and sharing of ICT infrastructure in smart cities;
c) To propose the development and organize the implementation of projects on building an ecosystem for products and services of smart cities, to model the use of smart cities' products and services developed by domestic enterprises; to coordinate with local authorities to organize the pilot implementation of smart cities development; to instruct local authorities to apply information technology in developing and providing smart cities' products and services;
d) To lead and coordinate in building an integrated management model for residents, land, transportation, urban planning and construction investment in model areas of smart cities;
dd) To lead and coordinate with specialized units under the Ministry of Information and Communications in advising on the development of ICT infrastructure, directing ICT enterprises to ensure the availability of essential ICT infrastructure for the development of smart cities.
7. Regarding leasing, purchasing of IT services, and developing application software:
a) To preside, coordinate with related agencies in formulating and giving instruction on the implementation of policies which encourage, favor, support, and prioritize the leasing and purchasing of IT services, and the development of application software.
b) To guide and promote the implementation of the leasing mechanism and using IT services; to formulate and give instruction on applying the priority list of IT services to be leased, purchased, and used with the state capital budget.
c) To assume the prime responsibility for assessing and examining projects, schemes on research and development of application software using the state capital budget of ministries, sectors and localities according to the law provisions.
8. To preside and coordinate with related units to perform the task of managing state regarding electronic transactions as assigned by the Minister.
9. To issue, extend, amend, supplement, temporarily suspend, suspend and revoke various kinds of certificates on IT application and application software in accordance with the law.
10. To assume the prime responsibility for developing and submitting for promulgation of criteria, indicators and guidelines, to organize the evaluation and ranking of the indicators or set of indicators on the level of readiness to apply information technology, the level of e-Government development, digital transformation and digitization in the operations of state agencies, organizations and enterprises, the level of use and satisfaction of people and enterprises with online public services.
11. To organize statistical activities, data collection, synthesis, analysis, and forecast about IT application and digital transformation; to prepare general reports and statistics on IT application and e-Government development in accordance with regulations.
12. Coordinate with related agencies and units in training and developing human resources for IT application and digital transformation; to formulate, issue, recognize, and implement the standard application of IT skills, regulations on examining, granting certificates of qualification and specialized certificates on using information technology.
13. To organize trainings and professional guidance, to inform, diffuse, and disseminate legal education in order to raise awareness and qualification in IT application, digital transformation and smart cities.
14. To build, manage, and maintain web portals, websites, national databases on IT application projects; databases as assigned by the Minister.
15. To manage the quality of IT application and information system application; to build and manage the operations of information system laboratory; to inspect, evaluate; to measure the quality of information systems as assigned; to test the application software that serve the operations of state agencies, enterprises and communities according to regulations; to periodically announce the solutions, software products and IT services that have been verified and used by state agencies.
16. To participate in proposing and developing standards, technical criteria for products and services quality, economic-technical norms and conditions for the deployment of IT application.
17. To participate in scientific and technological research, international cooperation on IT application, e-Government development, digital transformation, development of application software, development of human resources for IT application in accordance with legal provisions and the Minister's decentralization.
18. To perform the function of Standing Agency, implementing projects, schemes, programs and plans on IT application, e-Government development and digital transformation as assigned by the Minister.
19. To manage the organizational structure, civil servants, officials, laborers, assets, records, and documents of the Authority in accordance with legal provisions and the Minister's decentralization.
20. To proactively develop career activities which are appropriate to the assigned functions and tasks under the regulations of the State and the Ministry of Information and Communications; to conserve and develop assigned resources.
21. To perform other tasks as assigned by the Minister.